National Mining University Compliance with the Time
Department of History and Political Theory NMU

History of the department of history and political theory NMU

Department of History and Political Theory began with the socio-economic objective commission that was established in DNI in 1918. In the late of 20's on the base on this Subject Committee there were established two departments - economics and the theory of the Soviet economy, dialectical materialism and Leninism. They provided lectures and workshops on three separate courses - Leninism, political economy, dialectical and historical materialism. V.A.Medzinsky was appointed as a head of the Department of dialectical materialism and Leninism in 1930 - 1932 years. He was approved by the Board of the Institute as a professor, and in 1933 this position was replaced by Professor DGI Gereb.

In January 1939, the existing Department merged into one - Marxism-Leninism. Its teachers read two courses: History of the VKP (b), and political economy.

Since the late 30's the department was headed by such scholars:

Krupitsky Gregory (b. 1906), a philosopher, who graduated from the Kharkov Institute of communism education in 1932, the philosophical department of the Kiev Institute of Red Professors in 1936, Associate Professor (1939), working at the Institute in 1937 - 1941. Head of the department in 1939 - 1941 years.

Berman Alexander (1903 - 1968), the historian, who graduated from the Dnipropetrovsk Institute of Vocational Education in 1926, Associate Professor (1939), Ph.D. (1954), worked in the Institute for the 1934 - 1935 1938 - 1941 1943 - 1968. Head of the department in Karaganda in 1943 - 1944 years.

Mikhailov Alexander (b. 1908), historian, who graduated from the History Department of the Leningrad Pedagogical Institute in 1933, Ph.D. and Associate Professor (1939), worked in the DGI and head of the department in 1944 - 1946 after the return of the Institute in Dnipropetrovsk.

Kuznetsov Anatoly (1908 - 1979), the historian, who graduated from the Dnipropetrovsk Pedagogical Institute for Vocational Education in 1933, Ph.D. (1950), Associate Professor (1952), worked in the DGI in 1946 - 1979. Head of the department in 1946 - 1957 years.

Yarovoi Michael (born in 1907), the historian, who graduated from Dnipropetrovsk State University in 1949 and Ph.D. in History (1954), Associate Professor (1956), worked in the DGI in 1949 - 1975. Head of the department in 1958 - 1959.

Pojda Dmitri (1908 - 1992), the historian, who graduated from Kharkov State Pedagogical Institute in 1936, one course in the Kiev Institute of Red Professors in 1937, Ph.D. in History (1949), Associate Professor (1951), Doctor of Sciences (1961), Professor (1962), head of the department and worked at the Institute in 1959 - 1966.

Postavnoy Basil (1924 - 1992), the historian, who graduated from Dnipropetrovsk State University in 1951, Ph.D. (1963), Associate Professor (1964), Doctor of Sciences (1984), Professor (1985), he worked at the Institute in 1951 - 1992., head of the department in 1966 - 1992.

Pushkin Victor (b. 1938), a lawyer, who graduated from Moscow State University in 1960, Ph.D. (1973), Associate Professor (1976), Professor (1991). Head of the department from 1992 to 2015.


Kuznetsov Anatoly (1908 - 1979), Head of the department in 1946 - 1957 years
Pojda Dmitri (1908 - 1992), head of the department and worked at the Institute in 1959 - 1966
Postavnoy Basil (1924 - 1992), head of the department in 1966 - 1992
Pushkin Victor (b. 1938), Head of the department from 1992 to the present day

In 1989, the Department of Marxism-Leninism was renamed to the Department of Social and Political Sciences, and in July 1992 - in the department of history and political theory.

In the early postwar years, the Department of Marxism-Leninism worked in difficult conditions: there was an urgent need to fund the classroom, luck of educational and methodological literature. The department did not have teachers with degrees and titles. Overcoming these challenges, the Department staff filled with six candidates historical and economic sciences.

In 1952, the department of political economy became independent, and in the 1961/62 academic year, Department of Marxism-Leninism was divided in two - the history of the CPSU and of the dialectical and historical materialism. With the 1963/64 academic year, the Department of History of the CPSU was mandated for teaching a new course - the basis of scientific communism. In this regard, there have been formed two subject-methodical commission: the history of the CPSU and scientific communism. These Comissions were led by Professors A.Gurov, M.Teselko, V.Postavnoy, A.Kuznetsov, L.Adamski.

Depending on changes in the structure of the teaching of social and political sciences there was transformed pedagogical commission. In 1989/90 academic year, the department became an operational objective Commission of historical direction, which included the political history of the XX century, the history of Ukraine and a number of specialized courses in the basic sciences. The commission was headed by Assoc. Y.Chekushina, and from 1991/92 school year - prof. V.Pushkin. Since 1989, the Commission started to work on the socio-political areas, including political science and sociology, and a number of special courses. Assoc. V.Litvinenko was appointed as the head of the commission. Methodical commissions much emphasis on creation of a fund for lecture notes, offered the course, the organization of independent work of students, publication of textbooks and guidelines, training materials and self-visual aids, use of training aids, how to conduct workshops.

In the postwar period in the department worked candidate of historical sciences, senior lecturers at various times: K.Poznyakov (1949 - 1955); Z.Tsegelnitsky (1956 - 1960), M.Yarovoj (1949 - 1975), I.Korushkin (1955 - 1976), M.Teselko (1954 - 1984), A.Gurov (1955 - 1988), P.Petrashova (1955 - 1978), I.Bulava (1955 - 1983), V.Dokashenko (1981 - 1988), E.Chernih (1976 - 1986).

Many educators of the department became highly skilled and organized teaching workers. Some teachers have been recommended as the heads of related departments in other universities: Assoc. V.Podvorchansky - in the DTIS, prof. D.Pojda - in Dnepropetrovsk University, Assoc. K.Poznyakov - in DMetI. Later, in the 70's, the department was headed by assistant professors in various universities V.Chumachenko, I.Skrypnyk and V.Buguychuk.


to be continued

Teachers, who worked at the Department of History and Political Theory at different times:

  • Pushkin Victor
  • Chekushyna Julia
  • Vatchenko Larisa
  • Zhdanov Anna



  • Tell your friends:


    2006-2017 NMU